Electronic SOS Beacon Locator Kit
Beacon complies with all US Coast Guard requirements for "Night Vision Distress Signals" as found in the Code of Federal Regulations: 46 CFR 161.013.
Flag complies with US Coast Guard Requirements in 33 CFR 175.130 for Daytime Signaling.
- Flashes bright SOS distress signal in Morse Code
- Duration: Flashes 2x longer than USCG continuous run-time requirement
- Brightness: Maintains constant light intensity 2.5x longer than USCG requirement
- Light source extends 4" above waterline increasing visibility
- Waterproof easy and intuitive On/Off switch
- SOLAS Grade reflective tape at waterline
- Double O-ring closure
- Multiple deployment options - floatable, handheld and hanging
- Low battery indicator function - when turned on unit will quick flash for 5 seconds if batteries need replaced
- Requires 2 D-cell batteries (not included)
- Encapsulated micro processor electronics
- High impact, high visibility orange ABS plastic unibody construction
- Independently tested by US Coast Guard Approved Lab
- Packed in a reusable storage container
- USCG Approved orange distress flag (included)
WARNING: This product can expose you to chemicals including di(2-ethylhexyl)phthalate (dehp) which is known to the State of California to cause cancer, birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information go to P65Warnings.ca.gov.